Sacred Hearts Academy wins big in Clarence T.C Ching ‘Inspired in Hawaii’ contest

Kanika Ung, Reporter
February 22, 2013
Filed under Archive

The Third Annual “Inspired in Hawaii” Clarence T.C Ching contest encourages students to “dream big and make Hawaii a better place.”

Students from across the state in grades K-12 were challenged to address a problem in the community and offer possible solutions. Students also had to demonstrate a connection between the problem and the life of Clarence T.C Ching.

Over $10,000 in cash and other prizes will be awarded to winners. For the 2012 contest, over 20 Academy students will be recognized at the awards program.

The Academy had 10 winners in the essay division including sixth grader Logan Shiroma, seventh graders Alana Glaser and Julia Oehlers, eighth grader Raelyn Chu, freshman Janelle Medrano, sophomores Isabel Lee, Pamela Nishida and Olivia Britton, and seniors Olivia Ragsac and Sarah Vinluan.

In the poster division, the Academy also had 10 winners including kindergartner Yuri Kitabe, first graders Madison Iwashita and Keira Iwamoto, second grader Shaylynn Colunga, fourth graders Laura Gries, Grace Oshiro and Kelly Thieu, fifth grader Keala Kaaloa, and seventh graders Sola Nagaoki and Tiana Feliz. Senior Kuuleilani Woods won in the video division.

Students winners will be recognized on Feb. 27 at Kahala Mall. All are invited to attend and show support.

Comments

3 Responses to “Sacred Hearts Academy wins big in Clarence T.C Ching ‘Inspired in Hawaii’ contest”

1. Melanie on March 5th, 2013 11:06 am

So glad to hear of the great news. Congratulations to everyone. You did a really awesome job and keep it up.

[Reply]

2. Ashley Acoba on March 5th, 2013 11:24 am

I am really proud of everyone that won the Clarence T.C. Ching contest. I think that our school did a very good job. I really hope Sacred Hearts can do this good next year.

[Reply]

3. Kacey Chong on March 5th, 2013 12:31 pm

I think that it is really cool that a lot of students from Sacred Hearts. If I were a English or Art teacher, I would be really proud of “my” students.

[Reply]

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!