Wrap-up for wrestling, soccer and air riflery

Sage Parker-Lee, Reporter
March 4, 2013
Filed under Archive

Senior Decembers Smith took second place in ILH while junior Siman Zhang won third in the state wrestling tournament at the Neal Blaisdell Center on Feb. 30- Mar.1.

Senior Kealakekua Makekau made the ILH Girls’ Soccer All-Star first team while teammates Ashley Cho, Lauren Arakawa, Noelle Yee, Kelli Keahiolalo and Taylor Pazcoguin were named as honorable mentions.

Makekau said, “I’ve never made first team before so this is an honor, but without my team I would never have gotten this opportunity.”

Arakawa agreed. “This season took a lot of dedication and hard work but my teammates made it an amazing experience.”

While the Academy Junior Varsity Air Riflery team won the ILH championships, junior Sara Tashima placed second in varsity.

Tashima said, “Although my goal was to win first place, winning second is good too. I learned what I need to work on to improve so that next year I will be better.”

Comments

12 Responses to “Wrap-up for wrestling, soccer and air riflery”

1. Mindy Thai on March 5th, 2013 10:54 am

I like how the article is short and straight to the point. I liked that they went to go and ask the people who were apart of the teams how they felt about the season.

2. Melanie on March 5th, 2013 11:02 am

Congratulations to everyone… You did a well done job with everything.

3. Jaellen Flores on March 5th, 2013 11:08 am

Congratulations to the girls who were mentioned in this article. I think you guys were amazing during these competitions. It sounds like you guys were working hard during the competition and good job representing your school.

4. Kaui Murakami on March 5th, 2013 11:12 am

Good job and congratuations to all of you girls for placing in the ILH championships. Maybe next year you can get first place. It is amazing you placed. If you want to get better allcyou have to do is practice. Congratuations!!!

5. Cassidy on March 5th, 2013 12:10 pm

Great job ladies!!!!! You guys did a fantastic job!!!!

6. Maybelle Lee on March 5th, 2013 12:11 pm

Congratulations on winning the ILH championship. You all worked hard and you represented the Lancers Pride well. Good Job!

7. Sydney Chock on March 6th, 2013 11:53 am

Congratulations!! Good job!!

8. Caroline Kikkawa on March 21st, 2013 9:17 am

As a member of the riflery team, I’m glad that Sara is being recognized for her achievements this season. She won second in the entire state- pretty awesome! She also set the new ILH record in standing position for precision riflery, previously held by Academy alumni Cecilia Wong.

9. Caroline Kikkawa on March 21st, 2013 9:21 am

Great job, Sara! As her riflery teammate and friend, I’m very proud of her for placing second. Her achievements didn’t stop there as she also set the new ILH record in standing position for precision riflery, previously set by Academy senior Cecilia Wong.

10. Dominique on March 21st, 2013 9:23 am

Sara, you are an amazing athlete. You’ll kill them next year.
    Keala, I really enjoy reading all of your articles.

11. Linsey Kim on March 21st, 2013 10:39 am

I enjoyed reading this article because it talks about sports and I enjoy how you got quotes from these people. It was really interesting, short and to the point.

12. Ashley on March 22nd, 2013 1:44 pm

Good Job to everyone. You all worked hard and represented this school well.

[Reply]

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!