Sacred Hearts Academy  |   Honolulu, Hawaii

Ka Leo

Ka Leo

Ka Leo

Air riflery senior awarded Lancer of Month

Senior Sara Tashima is December’s Lancer of the Month for her participation in air riflery.

Senior Sara Tashima has been recognized as Lancer of the Month for December. Tashima is the current ILH state champion for sporter air riflery and ranks third in the state for the sport. She has ranked as one of the top shooters in the state since she was a freshman.

In addition to athletics, Tashima is also Leo club vice-president, K-Club president, National Honor Society secretary and robotics head programmer all while maintaining a cumulative GPA of a 4.1.

Leo club adviser, Whitney Miyahira, said, “Sara works hard in everything she does and is always willing to do more.”

Tashima will be attending the Junior Olympic Rifle Competition (JORC) in Colorado at the end of April. Only one athlete from each state is chosen to compete and Tashima will represent Hawaii.

Tashima said, “I am very excited to represent our state and school at the JORC. Involvement gets me one step closer to accomplishing my goal of competing in the Olympics.”

Tashima plans on attending the University of Nevada Reno to shoot on the air riflery team.

“I am looking forward to shooting at the next level since it has been a dream of mine. Through hard work, dedication, failure and support I have gotten to this point, and I am very thankful for everyone who has helped me along the way,” she said.

About the Contributor
Sage Parker-Lee
Sage Parker-Lee, Reporter
Sage (Keala) Parker-Lee is a senior in her third year as a Journalism reporter. Outside school, Keala plays club soccer and enjoys traveling around the nation multiple times a year to participate in soccer tournaments. She loves to hike and go to the beach with friends and family.