Sacred Hearts Academy  |   Honolulu, Hawaii

Ka Leo

Ka Leo

Ka Leo

Senior bowler named Lancer of Month

Senior Kasandra Kitagawa was recognized as the Lancer of the Month for September for her outstanding leadership and service.

Senior Kasandra Kitagawa was recognized as the Lancer of the Month for September, an award for academic and athletic excellence. Kitagawa finished fourth in the Interscholastic League of Honolulu (ILH) and ninth in the state championships for her bowling abilities. Her leadership was an integral part of obtaining the team’s third place win at the state championships.

Bowling coach Gilbert Santos said, “Kassy showed tremendous leadership and acts as a role model for both the varsity and junior varsity bowlers. I was fortunate to watch her develop as an outstanding bowler, as a student and as a person, with dedication and devotion in whatever she does.”

In addition to bowling, Kitagawa is a member of the Leo club, serves as historian for Student Council, is an officer in the marching band, all while maintaining a 4.08 GPA.

Leo club adviser,Whitney Miyahira, said, “Kassy’s dedication and enthusiasm for service are commendable, and often, she’s more prepared for service projects than I am.”

Kitagawa said, “I am very thankful for this award. My teachers, coaches, family and friends have really helped me to accomplish all I have today. It has been an amazing journey representing my school and one that I wouldn’t trade for the world.”

About the Contributor
Sage Parker-Lee
Sage Parker-Lee, Reporter
Sage (Keala) Parker-Lee is a senior in her third year as a Journalism reporter. Outside school, Keala plays club soccer and enjoys traveling around the nation multiple times a year to participate in soccer tournaments. She loves to hike and go to the beach with friends and family.