Sacred Hearts Academy  |   Honolulu, Hawaii

Ka Leo

Ka Leo

Ka Leo

Digital Media Club tours KHON2

Picasa

Students in grades four through six in the Digital Media Club toured KHON2 television station to see how digital media skills can be used in actual careers.

Club adviser Laurel Oshiro said, “I hope the Digital Media Club students learn how to effectively use technology to positively impact their community as well as be inspired to pursue digital media as a career.”

News anchor Jai Cunningham showed students how to edit news reels so that on-camera journalists report the most important facts.

Fifth grader Logan Rabago said, “I learned a lot about the equipment they use at the studio. The studio was really cool and I enjoyed seeing the cameras and how the green screen was used. It was also exciting to sit behind the panel.”

At the end of every KHON2 News report, the famous shaka segment is shown. The students filmed this segment which will be shown on a later broadcast..

Several students were inspired to someday work at a news station.

Fifth grader Carolei Edra said, “The people at the studio were very friendly and helpful. I someday want to again experience KHON2.”

About the Contributor
Theresa Ginter
Theresa Ginter, Reporter
Theresa Ginter is a sophomore and in her first year of Journalism class. She enjoys sleeping, watching football, movies and talking to friends. Theresa wants to attend the University of Notre Dame and major in either Pre-Med or International Relations.